The Pharos Project is the most independent and comprehensive database for identifying health hazards associated with building products, and has succeeded in elevating the issues of human health and well-being to a top priority in the building industry. The Pharos Project encourages manufacturers to disclose all ingredients in building products; helps architects, designers and building owners avoid using products that contain harmful chemicals; and creates incentives for product redesign and modification to reduce the impacts of hazardous materials use throughout the lifecycle of building products.
Pharos v3 Is Here!
We are pleased to announce we will be rolling out some exciting cool changes to the Pharos Project beginning October 31, and over the coming months. To start, Pharos will be much easier to use – making it much more likely that you’ll find the information you are looking for quickly. We are unveiling a much-simplified presentation of the in-depth materials health data we are known for. Tabbed displays for product, chemical and other material profiles allow you to more easily locate and navigate among critical information including contents, hazards and Greenscreen data.
With new tools you will be able to:
- Automate Information Requests – Issue information requests to manufacturers for HPDs directly from Pharos.
- Create Customized Product Lists – To be researched and specified. Built-in templates ensure that exemption requests conform to your firm’s values.
- Identify HPD and Greenscreen hazards – HPD and Greenscreen icons readily identify hazards on an HPD priority list and those with Greenscreen rankings.
HBN will also be offering new Pharos-related services. Working with our experts you will be able to:
- Build a Private Product Library – Drawing from Pharos product profiles, including HPDs from the HPDC’s HPD Builder, plus your in-house product data.
- Create Your Own Product Screening Filters – Quickly identify products that conform to your firm’s or client’s values.
The Pharos Project by the Numbers
The Pharos Project:
- evaluates 1,600 + building products & components from 300 + manufacturers, across 15 major product categories. The ingredients of 450 + products are completely disclosed by 60 + manufacturers.
- profiles 37,500 + chemicals and materials for 30 health and environmental hazards, including carcinogenicity, mutagenicity, reproductive toxicity and endocrine disruption, against 65 + authoritative lists of hazards issued by governments, NGOs and other expert bodies.
- rates 250 + product certifications and uses them in building product evaluations.