HBN is proud to announce that CEO Gina Ciganik was recognized this week as a 2021 Women in Sustainability Leadership Award winner!
The awards were created to identify, advance, and celebrate women working in sustainability. Awardees include dedicated women making significant positive changes to the planet, demonstrating bravery in the workplace, and mentoring the next group of women leaders. Gina joins a group of 85 previous recipients including former Secretary of State Hilary Clinton and leaders from Fortune 500 companies to startups, nonprofits to industry associations, and more.
"I am proud to receive this award and represent the nonprofit sector," Gina said. "I chose a mission-based career to ensure I work to solve the most intractable problems, while serving as an ally to and working together with underrepresented and marginalized communities. I'm fortunate to have the privilege, position, and networks to work toward improving the health of people and the planet, leaving no person or place behind.
The 2021 winners were announced in a virtual ceremony May 19. The full list of awardees is below.
- Jessica Aldridge, Director of Sustainability and Zero Waste Programs, Athens Services
- Mona Benisi, Executive Director of Morgan Stanley; Head of Sustainability, Global Real Assets, Morgan Stanley Investment Management
- Dr. Marilyn Black, Vice President and Senior Technical and Strategic Advisor, Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Sonja Bochart, Regenerative Design, Sustainability and Biophilia Consulting
- Christine Brunel-Ligneau, Sustainable Agriculture Strategy, Bayer AG CropScience Division
- Gina Ciganik, Chief Executive Officer, Healthy Building Network
- Robyn Eason, Long-Range Planning & Sustainability Manager, City of West Hollywood
- Dr. Jennifer Holmgren, CEO, LanzaTech; Director and Chair, LanzaJet, Inc.
- Rachel Hodgdon, President & CEO, International WELL Building Institute (IWBI)
- Elaine Hsieh, Co-Founder, Head of Corporate Partnerships and Marketing, Third Derivative (D3)