It’s the season for Healthy, Healing, Happy Holidays
As end of year approaches, we're gearing up for joyous celebrations and meaningful gift-giving. Yet, it's essential to ensure our purchases bring happiness without unintended consequences.
Let's redefine the Black Friday experience by shopping with intention. By aligning your purchases with your values, you're not just giving gifts; you're actively participating in shaping a better future for your family and generations to come.
Less is More
The most sustainable gift is one you don’t have to buy.
- Consider giving the gift of time to your friends and family, experiences or memberships are also great options
- Instead of buying something new, Buy Nothing - Do Something
- Join your local Buy Nothing Group
Local and Community-Centric
Invest your dollars directly in communities so wealth can grow locally.
- Learn about Small Business Saturday
- Support Indigenous-owned businesses and Black-owned businesses
- Buy second-hand to reduce your carbon footprint
Find Safer Stuff
Minimize exposures to harmful chemicals. They’re better for you - and the planet!
- Environmental Working Group’s Sustainable Swaps and Consumer Guides
- Silent Spring Institute’s DetoxMe app
- Mind the Store’s Retailer Report Card
Join HBN in making this Black Friday health-focused, eco-conscious, and full of purpose.