Communications & Marketing Leader
HBN is seeking an innovative, creative, and digitally savvy communications and marketing leader who will help expand their audience by effectively communicating with a variety of constituents, using a broad range of media to generate widespread understanding, engagement, and financial support for HBN’s vision. The CML will shape, nurture, and grow effective and inclusive communications and marketing programs using new as well as traditional platforms and strategies to showcase the HBN mission and business solutions.
Critical Competencies for Success:
The CML will be a hands-on role, responsible for guiding and supporting the communication and marketing strategy and executing the necessary tasks to amplify the HBN brand.
- Leadership: Ability to think creatively, strategically, and tactically to develop and deploy messaging that expands key audiences. Experience in successful collaboration and motivating high-performance teams. Focus on efficiency, effectiveness, innovation, and continuous improvement with demonstrable results.
- Creative Communicator: Excellent writer and communicator of ideas. Ability to translate complex subject matter into accessible and engaging content. Capacity to bring stories to life and inspire audiences to act. Effectively promote HBN, its brand, products, people, and mission.
- Relationship Builder: Exceptional relationship builder, internally and externally, with colleagues, funders, stakeholders, and staff. Accessible and responsive with the ability to provide the highest level of customer service. Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization and a diverse array of external parties.
- Accountability and Initiative: Takes personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the work and digs in as needed to ensure results achieved. Focuses on desired outcomes and how best to achieve them in order to get the job done.
- Manage and implement the day-to-day communications and marketing function; provide hands-on leadership and management of all internal and external communications.
- Develop and execute strong, well-defined communication plans and strategies to help HBN achieve its mission.
- Mature and manage HBN’s brand and reputation; work collaboratively across the organization to ensure consistency and inclusivity of messaging and proper management of brand assets.
- Write, edit, and produce effective communications materials for publication in print and online, inclusive of annual reports, newsletters, marketing and collateral materials, video, and electronic communication including HBN’s website and new media.
- Provide strategic oversight of HBN’s website and all digital assets.
- Lead and manage HBN’s social media strategies; leverage digital channels to drive brand awareness, engagement, content sharing and consumption, retention, and re-engagement; create rich and creative content that is optimized for audience and search engines.
- Build external partnerships in community; develop and leverage key relationships in the market.
- Understand value proposition for HBN’s partners and customers to effectively communicate services and products.
- Support all communications and marketing related functions across the team at HBN; utilize deep technical knowledge and expertise in Salesforce, HTML, Webinar, Vimeo, Mailchimp, and Survey Monkey to support the organization’s key initiatives and priorities.
- Partnering with the Chief Executive Officer, support HBN media requests.
The ideal candidate is a nonprofit and/or business professional with proven experience and demonstrable success in shaping, nurturing, and growing communications and marketing within an organization. While no one candidate will have all the criteria enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences:
- A focused communications leader and project manager; strong organizational and planning skills to manage the day-to-day operations of the communications and marketing function.
- Exceptional written communication skills: strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present technical concepts simply.
- A leader knowledgeable about current trends and tools in digital and social media.
- A self-starter with strong execution skills; an ability to take something from ideation to execution to propel HBN’s communications and marketing strategy forward.
- A builder; able to continue developing structure, procedures, and best practices within the communications and marketing function.
- An ability to translate complex messaging; to understand HBN’s audience and key stakeholder groups.
- A connector: an ability to build external partnerships, developing and leveraging relationships in the market.
- A confident communicator with strong presentation skills.
- 7+ years of demonstrated successful experience and achievements in a communications or affiliated role
- Strong writing, editing, proofreading, layout and design, professional printing/publishing skills are essential, including ability to present concepts verbally
- Demonstrated ability to creatively manage a budget and resources
- Successful experience working in virtual office environments
HBN is a nationally distributed organization, with staff working remotely from home or cooperative workspaces.
Compensation for this role is between $90,000 and $115,000 based on experience.
How to Apply:
CohenTaylor is providing search services for this position. For more information or to send your credentials, please email HBN@cohentaylor.com. All inquiries will remain confidential.