Healthy Building Network (HBN) is a national nonprofit that strives to improve human and environmental health by eliminating toxic chemical exposures.
HBN envisions a future where all people and the planet thrive when the environment is free of toxic chemicals, knowing that the impacts from chemical exposures fall disproportionately upon marginalized communities, people of color, low-income communities, and children.
Our goal is to create change by improving chemical hazard transparency and inspiring product innovation. Since 2000, HBN has been the leading national organization to pioneer technology platforms, research, and policies that elevate human health and environmental justice to a top priority in the green chemistry and safer product industry.
Critical Competencies for Success:
HBN is seeking a creative Development Manager who can help the organization maintain and grow its funder and donor base.
The Development Manager will work with the Chief Executive Officer on a full range of fund development activities for the organization including grant writing and reporting to public agencies, private foundations, individuals, and corporations. Specifically, this role will help steward long-time relationships, foster prospect leads, and develop new partnerships.
- Create and write compelling fundraising communications for a variety of funders at all stages of the cultivation process, including letters of inquiry, proposals, annual reports, and acknowledgements
- Partner with the CEO to design strategies to engage, solicit, and steward prospects
- Participate in virtual and face-to-face meetings with funders across the country and manage relationships with foundation staff
- Perform foundation and corporate research to evaluate potential funding prospects
- Maintain data in Salesforce including grant tracking and reporting
- Assist with other fundraising and communications projects as needed
- Strong written communication skills: ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with proposal and donor appeal writing
- Knowledge of the green building industry/environment desired
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources, such as the Foundation Directory
- Experience with Salesforce or other fundraising/donor management software a plus
Ideal Candidate for Position will Have:
- Minimum of three years’ experience with successful grant writing
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments
- Able to work well in a virtual team environment, handle multiple assignments, and meet deadlines
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Location Flexible – HBN has employees located throughout the US
- $65-80k per year based on relevance of experience and work location
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- 401(k) with company contribution
- Paid vacation and holidays
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter, resume, and writing sample (optional) in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please, no phone calls. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
HBN is an equal opportunity employer.