Director of Product Transformation
Be a part of an organization that is making the world a healthier place. Healthy Building Network (HBN) is seeking an experienced leader who wants to help transform the building materials market. This role will inspire product innovation by spearheading and scaling HBNs safer product guidance, influencing key actors in the built environment to use healthier building products and improve human and environmental health.
HBN envisions a future where all people and the planet thrive when the environment is free of toxic chemicals. Our mission is to advance human and environmental health by improving chemical hazard transparency and inspiring product innovation. Since 2000, HBN has been the leading national organization pioneering technology platforms, research, and policies that elevate human health and environmental justice to a top priority, while advancing green chemistry and safer products in major industrial sectors.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Industry Influencer: Ability to understand and represent all of the stakeholders in the built environment sector – specifically architects, contractors, building owners and developers, specifiers, 3rd party platform providers, green building standards groups, manufacturers and other industry influencers. Awareness of practices, tools and certifications in the built environment. Effective communicator up to and including C-level executives.
- Visionary: Responsible for creating a product/program roadmap in conjunction with the HBN Research and Technical teams. Able to create an effective value proposition strategy for clients and funders alike, and move towards a safe and circular economy.
- Leadership: Focus on efficiency, effectiveness, innovation and continuous improvement with demonstrable results. Effective at translating and prioritizing client requests into product needs.
- Develop a deep understanding of HBN’s tools, research, and guidance, in particular the Common Product (CP) data and hazard spectrum guidance, and translate it into a value proposition to take to market
- Gather market intelligence to set strategic direction
- Design, build, and run an effective revenue strategy
- Manage program P&L and define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that move towards success
- Work with the communications team on key messaging elements
- Propose fundraising and partnership opportunities where appropriate
- Lead and execute effective business development
- Effectively supervise your team such that they understand their responsibilities. Monitoring productivity and providing feedback and coaching as needed.
Systems and Capacity Building
- Partner with the HBN teams to create and support internal structures and systems for cross-program sharing; and develop specific resources that anchor a culture of learning, both organizationally and within the program.
- Foster and maintain key partnerships with stakeholders to bring HBN tools, research, and guidelines to their customers/users.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Outstanding communication, leadership and presentation skills
- A passion for working in the green buildings industry
- A leader who will use their passion and conviction for human and environmental health to fuel disruption in the market, driving greater awareness and impact; a trailblazer
- Ability to roll up sleeves to execute the work plan
- Skill in proactive action, independent thinking, and problem-solving with demonstrated initiative in managing a complex program
- Natural tendency to be positive, creative and curious
- Strong leadership and emotional intelligence, including the ability to influence via diplomacy and tact
- Some travel to be expected in this role
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years related full-time professional work experience in architecture, design, building contracting, green building standards, or building material purchasing platforms, including work as a team leader, or a combination of equivalent experience and training.
- Current working knowledge of architecture and construction practices, 3rd party industry platform and industry standards.
- Beneficial to have design or building experience, though not required.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
HBN is a national organization with staff working flexibly from home or cooperative workspaces around the US.
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience and geographic location, in the range of $115,000 to $125,000 annually
Reports to the CEO, and works in close coordination with the Chief Research Officer and the Chief Operations and Technology Officer.
How to Apply:
How to apply:
Email in PDF format a letter of interest, resume and writing samples or other portfolio projects to email@example.com.
Please, no phone calls. Applications accepted until the position is filled.
HBN is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, race, color, religion or belief, gender identification, family or parental status.
Comprehensive benefits package includes employer paid health, dental, vision and life insurance, vacation and sick leave, and employer contributions to a 401(k) retirement program.