Chief Communications, Marketing & Resource Development Officer
Be part of a non-profit organization that is making the world a healthier place. Healthy Building Network (HBN) is growing! We are seeking an experienced Communications, Marketing, and Resource Development Officer that will have a critical role in developing AND driving our growth strategy through brand, resource development, and mission impact.
The Chief Communications, Marketing & Resource Development Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer and is an integral part of HBN’s executive leadership team as we aim to double in size over the next three years.
HBN envisions a future where all people and the environment thrive when chemical hazards are eliminated. Our mission is to advance human and environmental health by improving chemical hazard transparency and inspiring product innovation. Since 2000, HBN has been the leading national organization to pioneer technology platforms, research, and policies that elevate human health to a top priority. To advance our mission we partner with companies like Google, research universities like Harvard, and non-profit environmental and housing sectors. It is an exciting and growing industry and HBN needs a leader who will help us achieve our ambitious goals.
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Visionary Leadership: Focus on efficiency, effectiveness, innovation and continuous improvement with demonstrable results. Ability to think both tactically and strategically to develop and improve messaging and expand key audiences. A desire to actively engage in mentorship and development of staff. Ability to recruit, motivate, and retain a high-performance team.
- Relationship Builder: Exceptional relationship builder, internally and externally, with colleagues, funders, stakeholders, and staff. Accessible and responsive with the ability to provide the highest level of customer service. Interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization and external parties.
- Creativity and Innovation: Broad vision of the future of communications and marketing and assertiveness in taking risks and presenting and selling ideas, combined with an advanced sensitivity to the values and expectations of others. Thoughtful and well-articulated understanding of the competitive and ever-changing national and international communications and marketing environment.
HBN is seeking a creative communications and resource development leader who can ensure that we communicate most effectively with a variety of constituents, using a broad range of media to generate widespread understanding, engagement, and financial support for HBN’s vision. Shape, nurture and grow over time effective communications, fundraising, and marketing programs that use new and traditional platforms and strategies to showcase the work and issues of HBN.
- Craft a fundraising strategy and internal procedures and systems. Engage with the CEO and Founder/Board President to execute a successful plan and achieve strong results.
- Mature and manage company brand and reputation. Work with staff to ensure consistency of messaging and proper management of brand assets.
- Provide strategic oversight of HBN’s website and all digital assets.
- Develop branding initiatives, internal and external communications.
- Create and launch press releases, marketing campaigns, and funding initiatives.
- Produce primary communications including an annual report, newsletters, marketing, collateral materials, video, and electronic communication including HBN’s website and news media.
- Create rich and creative content that is optimized for audience and search engines.
- Understand value proposition for our partners and customers, and effectively market our services and products.
- Secure, maintain and grow strong relationships with HBN’s partners and media to highlight our work and our solutions to pressing global challenges.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished professional with significant experience and demonstrable success in communications, marketing, and fundraising, preferably within a non-profit or other highly complex organization.
- 8+ Years experience in a similar position
- 5+ Years leadership and supervisory role
- Minimum of Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Demonstrated ability to creatively manage a budget and resources
- Successful record of publications and/or high-visibility media placements
- Effective fundraising/sales generating history
LOCATION: Greater Minneapolis/St. Paul area, Minnesota
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
HBN is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
How to apply: please email in PDF format a letter of interest, resume and writing samples or other portfolio projects to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls. Applications accepted until position is filled.