Portico is a curated product library of high-quality, actionable information about the transparency and healthfulness of building products. Project teams request, research, and select materials that support human and environmental health. The tool relies on product ingredient disclosures from industry-leading manufacturers and builds the critical mass needed to transform the marketplace with products optimized for human health.
Hazardous substances, clearly linked to harmful health impacts on people and the planet, are present in everyday building products and remain mostly unrestricted by the federal government. Consumers of building materials, including property owners, developers, architects, and others, are increasingly demanding healthier and safer options.
HBN created Portico in partnership with Google Real Estate and Workplace Services (REWS). Our founding partner base has grown to six organizations, representing multiple industry sectors and more than 100 million square feet of combined real estate. We are currently testing Portico with Google (REWS), Perkins + Will, Harvard, Georgia Tech, The Durst Organization, and MSR Design.
While the platform is currently closed to new tenant users, forward-thinking, socially responsible manufacturers are encouraged to join. In addition to advancing human and environmental health, participation offers practical business benefits, including:
- Reduced reporting burdens. Reach all platform partners with a single information request response.
- Amplified transparency. Portico syncs with the Health Product Declaration Collaborative, integrating the industry-supported product reporting standard, the Health Product Declaration (HPD).
- Aligning with the market. Reinforce industry standards in material health disclosure.
- Focused resources. Streamline the process of responding to requests about your product lines.
- Joining the conversation. Collaborate with commercial purchasers to address shared product goals.
Portico is for the innovators blazing a new trail. Together, we can create a future that enhances the health of people and the planet, and meet rapidly growing consumer demand at the same time.
Questions? Contact us at email@example.com.